Roller Hockey Registration now OPEN!
Updated Sunday February 3, 2019 by Ben Craigo.
Registration for Spring 2019 is now open!
Got a son or daughter who has a need for speed and appreciates a well executed slap shot? Good news! Our Roller Hockey registration has just opened up for children from 5-16 years of age.
No skating experience is necessary for players or anyone that would help coach. We'll teach the kids to skate and play and we'll teach volunteer parents to coach. It's a win-win!
Here are some additional details...
- Any boys or girls 5-16 years old are welcome to sign up. They'll be placed in 3 divisions (9 and Under; 12 and Under; 16 and Under) - ages as of Dec 31, 2018.
- Coaches and managers needed - no skating skills necessary. No coaching skills necessary. We'll help show you the way. It'll be good. It'll be fun!
- Games played on the outdoor courts at Elkins Park Middle School (Church and New 2nd Street)
- Game times are Sundays between 1pm - 4pm, late-March to mid-June.
- Practices will be once a week on a weeknight, times vary and are determined by each manager. Since we're all volunteers we need to figure out everyone's schedule and do our best to accomodate. It all works out in the end.
Roller Hockey Calendar (provisional)
February 1 - Registration opens. Register before February 24 to lock in our early bird rate!
February 25 - Registration continues at the regular season fee
March 24 - Registration closes
March 24 - Roller Hockey Evaluations at 12:00. (All registered players will go through brief drills to assess ability and balance teams. There are no try outs, everyone plays!)
March 24 - Hockey clean up day (same day as evaluations) from 11 - 12 and 1 - 2 (before and after evaluations). Help us clean up the courts, mend goals, clean out the trailer, pick up trash, etc...
March 24 - Swap shop. Bring all your clean outgrown equipment to the field and shop our swap.
TBD - Coaches Meeting to divvy up talent so skills are equally distributed throughout teams. Interested in coaching? Email email@example.com
March 31 - Season begins (detailed schedule to be published later)
June 2- Playoffs
June 9 - Championship/Consolation Games (Season ends)
Picture Day is TBD
Click here for a list of required hockey equipment.
Just click on the registration links along the side or you can click here to register. If you don't have a login, it is very easy to create.
You can find out the tentive schedule by clicking on "Roller Hockey" on the side menu.
For more information, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org